Posted on July 06, 2018
No matter, what size or location of party you attend during the Summer, we want you to have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Here are a few tips to help keep you safe at large events:
Safety begins with good planning and knowing ahead of time what is going on around you. Research the event and find out the details.
- How many people are expected to attend?
- Is there an available map of the venue? Look for exit points, restrooms, medical areas, and other key locations.
- What are event policies?
- Check the news and social media to find reviews of the event and to find out if any threats have been made against the event.
Once you arrive, scan the area and stay aware of your surroundings.
- Take note of emergency exits, restrooms and alternate evacuation routes.
- Familiarize yourself with the venue layout. Pay attention to medical tents, first aid locations, or police call boxes.
- Be prepared for inclement weather or an emergency, locate alternate shelter in case of dangerous conditions.
- Keep an eye on the crowd. If you notice an abnormal increase in the number of people pouring into an area, or if you notice something suspiscous. It’s probably a good time to make your exit, and alert local law enforcement.
- Have a meetup plan, everyone in your group should have an area to head to when trouble starts.
- Choose a meeting spot for your family, in case anyone gets separated from the group or communications go down during the event.
- Have a contact outside the event that can be used to coordinate planning should something go wrong.
Get more updates like this!